Tuesday 10 December 2013

Laconia and Bridgton Antique Shop Graphics, December 6 - 7, 2013

Let's take a look at some great bygone graphics from here and there that I saw during the weekend. I try to remember to take a camera with me when I'm poking around an old antique shop. I find these inspirational. These were taken this weekend in Bridgton, Maine and Laconia, New Hampshire.

I don't know what this is, but it was going for $75:


Talk about your specialized kitchen products!


Some vintage puzzles:





I love the name ("Pertinent Magazine") and I wish I could remember who the dish in the big hat is. I knew at the time but have forgotten. If the photo was better I could tell you.


This is an "Old Pal" minnow bucket. Love the name.


This is a vintage poster and I have no idea what it means but I liked the way the thing looked:


Very creepy "Dollikin" doll, "the doll miracle of flexibility -- every position of the human figure!"


These two people look pretty darned happy with trusting the magic 8 ball with their decisions:


When it comes to 1950s-60s board games, the box is so appealing. This is the box top for a Bingo game that has been flattened and framed:


Saw this contemporary puzzle and plotzed. Such terrific art:



BONANZA was a hugely popular show. Here's a 1960s record album of the stars of the show: "they sing, they play - banjo, fiddle, guitar!" Yeah. It's the cast in a recording studio (see photos) picking and strumming their way through a record.






No comments:

Post a Comment